BREAD PAKORA WITH CHEF FAUZIA
July 28, 2017 | By DPL Festive Management
Bread Pakora is an Indian fried snack (pakora or fritter). It is also known as bread bhaji (or bajji). A common street food, made from bread slices, gram flour, and spices among other ingredients. When you have guests and have no idea what snack will help, make them some Pakora nad they will love it. The process below is quick and easy but you can also add more ingredients to your liking.
Chef Fauzia takes us through the quick and easy steps of making the best Bread Pakora.
What you will need:
1 medium sized potato boiled, peeled and chopped
1 onion chopped
1/2 tablespoon of mustard seeds
Red chili powder
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
Ginger, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder
1/4 tablespoon of cumin powder
3 tablespoons of fresh coriander chopped
8 slices of Festive whole meal brown bread
1 cup gram flour
Oil for frying
1. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil. Once it is hot add the mustard seeds and let them crackle. You can then sauté the onions then add the garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, add salt and pepper. Keep stirring until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
2. Add the chopped potatoes and mix, then put the chopped coriander and mix well.
3. Taste the mixture and adjust seasoning as necessary then remove it from the heat. .
4. In a separate bowl, mix the gram flour with 1/4 tablespoon of turmeric powder, a little red chilli powder and salt to taste. Add water and make a batter, it should be a runny consistency.
5. Spoon the potato mixture onto each slice of bread and cover with another slice. Cut them into triangles as if making sandwiches. Repeat this until you make enough for you and your guests.
6. Dip each triangle into the batter and deep fry until golden brown.
7. Best when served with ketchup.
Check out our Youtube channel for the bread Pakora recipe and more mouth-watering recipes:-